Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The big boy says...

This week has been a little traumatic for my big boy. We have been packing up things and moving them to storage while we prepare to sell our house. He's been out of sorts to say the least. I think he is also hitting a growth spurt. But man, he has been SO funny lately. Here are some examples...

We were driving in my grandpa's truck and he noticed the handles above the doors. "Look mama, I have a handle above my door. So does daddy and Eric. You no have a handle... what da heck?" (I was laughing so hard at this one... I didn't know where he got it... until I caught myself saying it... a lot!!)

We were going to Moscow for his playgroup this week. He kept asking me over and over and over, "Where we goin' mama?" "We're going to play with kids." "Oh." This was repeated at least 100 times in the 20 minutes we took to drive to town. Finally, he asks again. "Where we goin' mama?" "I don't know, Nate, where are YOU going?" He thought for a minute, then said "Costco." (can you tell we REALLY like Costco?)

He loves it when his brother is up. He goes up to him and says, "Hiya baby! Whatcha doing?" When Eric is on the floor, he goes up to him and tickles his belly, saying, "tickle tickle Eric". Eric thinks it is hilarious. I love belly laughs.

Tonight, I was painting my kitchen. Nate really really wanted to help. So I gave him a little foam paintbrush with very little paint on it. (I know I am brave to give a 2 year old a paintbrush, I figured we're selling the house anyways and it WAS behind the fridge...) He is happily painting on the wall behind the fridge, saying over and over, "I a painting boy! I a painting boy"

I'm sure there is more. We've gotten a lot of "whatever" this week, and a ton of "whaaaaat?" I try really hard not to laugh. But I fail miserably...

No comments:

Post a Comment