Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What's for Dinner?

Tonight, I had big plans for dinner. Okay, so maybe not. My sweet husband ended up making frozen burritos and a canned ham sandwich for dinner while I was painting behind the fridge. Delish! So, since I am sure you already know how to make those or at least don't want to know, I will share one of my favorite recipes with you...

Chicken Noodle Casserole

3 cups egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 big can of canned chicken (or 1 big chicken breast, cooked and shredded)
1 tube of saltine crackers
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Boil the noodles according to package directions. Drain. Mix hot noodles with cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can water, and chicken. Pour into baking dish. Crush saltine crackers. Pour melted butter over crackers and mix. Add parmesan cheese to crackers and mix again. Spread over noodle mixture. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Perfect!! Serves: at least 2 adults and 1 kid... LOL! Probably more like 6 if you served reasonable sizes...

No comments:

Post a Comment